Thanksgiving Break 2018
If you’re staying in Winston-Salem during Thanksgiving Break, this page is for you!
Residence halls remain open during Thanksgiving Break (however they will close for Winter Break). Visit the Office of Residence Life and Housing’s website to review important information including a break checklist. You can reach RL&H at email@example.com or 336.758.5185.
Deacon Dining Hours
- Village Juice at the North Dining Hall will be open from 9 a.m. -2 p.m. each day during break except Thanksgiving Day.
- Shorty’s will be open each day from 11:30 am – 7:00 pm each day during break except Thanksgiving Day.
- Shorty’s will take meal swipes and Village Juice will take Food Dollars during open hours over break
Local Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving Day (Source: Winston-Salem Journal)
Wake Forest Wellbeing Center
The Wake Forest Wellbeing Center is open to students, faculty, staff and retirees with a valid WFU ID. Accompanied guests (up to two, age 16+) are welcome. Guest passes are $5 per day.
Available Group Exercise Virtual Classes
Thursday-Saturday (Nov. 22-24) in Reynolds Gym Group Fitness Studio B201
- BODYCOMBAT (martial arts/kickbox based) 11:30 a.m.
- BODYFLOW (yoga/Pilates fusion) 1 p.m.
- SH’BAM (dance) 3 p.m.
Additional available activities: basketball (Reynolds Gym 4th floor gyms & Sutton Center 2nd & 4th floors); soccer (Reynolds Gym 4th floor gyms); video games (Reynolds Gym 2nd floor pool view lounge); ping pong (Sutton Center 2nd floor); climbing wall (Reynolds Gym 2nd floor, massage chairs and TV (Reynolds Gym 2nd floor)
Wake Forest Wellbeing Center Hours
|Tues., Nov. 20||5:30 a.m.-10 p.m.|
|Wed., Nov. 21||5:30 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Thurs.-Sat., Nov. 22-24||10 a.m.-4 p.m.|
|Sun., Nov. 25||10 a.m.-11 p.m.|
Reynolds Pool Hours
|Tues., Nov. 20||5:30 a.m.-9 p.m.|
|Wed., Nov. 21||5:30 a.m.-5 p.m.|
|Thurs.-Sat., Nov. 22-24||11 a.m.-3 p.m.|
|Sun., Nov. 25||10 a.m.-10 p.m.|
ZSR Library Schedule
|Tues., Nov. 20||Close at 10 p.m.|
|Wed., Nov. 21||8 a.m. – 3 p.m.|
|Thurs. Nov. 22||Closed|
|Fri., Nov. 23||11 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Sat., Nov. 24||11 a.m. – 4 p.m. (snacks at 1 p.m.)|
|Sun., Nov. 25||Open at 1 p.m. (return to normal schedule)|
ZSR will be open to the community during the posted hours hours, so no ID will be required for access, but students wishing to use the 24 hour study room will need their WFU ID after hours.
The library will be open for students to use on Friday, Nov 23 and Saturday, Nov 24 from 11-4 both days. The Library will open at 1 p.m. on Sunday, Nov 25. We will have snacks available for students at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov 24!
Parking & Traffic
- Commuting students that live off-campus and will be traveling for the holiday should leave vehicles parked at their apartment/house.
- Resident upperclassmen that have registered vehicles and are not driving home for the break should leave their vehicles parked in general parking lots.
- Sophomore students can relocate their vehicles to campus after 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 20 and park in general parking lots only.
- Freshman students must relocate their vehicles to campus by Tuesday, November 20 at 10 p.m. and park in general parking lots only. Shuttle service will cease operating at that time.
- If a vehicle needs to be relocated to campus prior to 4 p.m. Tuesday, please contact Transportation and Parking Services at 336-758-PARK.
Shuttles will depart from front of the Benson Center and pick up from the same location as drop off. If you miss the last shuttle bus, you will be responsible for making your own way back to campus via taxi/Uber.
|Wed., Nov. 21||OnCall service will be available from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. This van will take students to such places as Sherwood Forest Shopping Center or Downtown Winston-Salem.|
|Thurs., Nov. 22||No service scheduled|
|Fri., Nov. 23||Hanes Mall, Target, Sherwood Shopping Center from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.|
|Sat., Nov. 24||Hanes Mall, Target, Sherwood Shopping Center from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.|
|Sun., Nov. 25||Regular operating schedule|
Student Health Service
The Student Health Service will close on Tuesday, November 201 at 5 p.m. and reopen Monday November 26 at 8:30 am. To assist students with urgent concerns, a registered nurse will be available for telephone consultations while the clinic is closed. For medical questions about a current illness or injury during the Thanksgiving break, call campus dispatch at (336) 758-5591 and let them know you need to speak with the nurse on call for Student Health Service.
University Police at 911 (campus phone) or 336.758.5911 (by cell phone) will assist you in securing appropriate emergency assistance.
University Counseling Center
While it is closed for business during Thanksgiving Break, the University Counseling Center remains available 24/7 by phone for urgent mental health concerns by calling 336-758-5273. We will reopen at 8:30 a.m. Monday November 26.
Campus & Community Activities
Costs vary by event. Click the links below to find out more and purchase tickets: