Students that are interested in receiving information about recruitment processes are invited to complete our Fraternity/Sorority Life Interest Form.
Interfraternity Council recruitment is the process where men who are interested in joining one of our social fraternities can explore their options. Recruitment takes place both fall and spring semesters, however the majority of members join spring semester.
Spring 2024 registration information is available below.
Requirements for Membership
- Must complete 12 credit hours as a matriculated college student (AP and IB credits are not included in the calculations).
- Cumulative 2.5 GPA (collegiate)
- Must complete PreventZone hazing education modules (Hazing Prevention: It’s Everyone’s Responsibility AND Fraternity & Sorority Life Module).
- Must complete registration.
Fall 2023 Recruitment
Registration for fall recruitment will open August 1, 2023. Only students with at least 12 college credit hours and a 2.5 cumulative GPA can participate.
- Registration is closed.
- Tuesday, August 29: Mandatory Orientation and Kick-Off
- Monday, September 4: Chapters’ bid lists are due to the Interfraternity Council
- Wednesday, September 6: Bid distribution
Spring 2024 Recruitment
Spring recruitment is an opportunity for second semester freshmen and all upperclassmen to explore membership in a fraternity. The process involves a combination of formal meet and greets and informal event attendance. To participate, students must submit a registration form and pay a fee.
- Dates for Spring 2024 Formal Recruitment are:
- Thursday, January 18: Mandatory Orientation and Kickoff (You cannot accept a bid if you do not attend/aren’t excused for missing the Recruitment Kickoff)
- Tuesday, January 23: Chapters’ bid lists are due to the Interfraternity Council
- Wednesday, January 24: Bid distribution and Complete IFC Recruitment 2024 Assessment – Not Active Yet
Should you have any questions concerning the recruitment process, please contact one of the following individuals or Student Engagement at (336) 758-7168
Recruitment Chair, Interfraternity Council
Assistant Director of Fraternity & Sorority Life
Follow IFC on Instagram @wfuifc