The message below is posted on behalf of Tim Wilkinson, Associate Dean for Student Engagement
Greetings Student Organization Leaders,
I hope you are all doing well, and that your re-entry in the virtual Wake Forest World has gone as smoothly as possible. As the Wake Forest community moves into a new stage, the Office of Student Engagement is working to ensure that the vision of “Helping Every Deacon Find Their Place” holds true. This new reality has led all of us into unpredictable times. One area that we want you all to feel confident in is Wake Forest University’s support to you as Demon Deacons. The need for belonging and connection is more profound than ever. Many in the university community are working to ensure that our campus community extends throughout the work, and Student Engagement is helping to take that on. We wanted to share some updates with you.
Connecting with the Office of Student Engagement
A member of the Student Engagement staff is reaching out to each registered student and fraternal organization to check in and specifically assess your current needs. We would like to know:
- How are you doing? How are the members of your group doing?
- Have you connected with each other?
- Do you have the on-line resources to stay connected as groups?
- What do you need from us in order to stay connected and think about transitioning your group to the virtual world?
- What do you want or need from us in terms of organizational development, leadership or transition needs?
- Are you interested in putting on virtual programs and events in the spring semester?
Updated Web Presence
Go to Student Engagement’s new Student Organization Virtual Resource page. This page will include sections on:
- Understanding on-line meeting platforms
- An updated calendar with self-directed activities, group activities and community events for student organizations.
- Voting and election resources
- Leadership transition resources
Please use this webpage as well as The Link, as a virtual resource for Student Organizations.
On Wednesday, March 25th, Student Engagement will begin offering on-line office hours. Those hours will be 1 to 5 pm Monday to Friday. Click on the Student Organization Virtual Resource page to access office hours. Feel free to check in with questions, organizational needs or event planning questions. You can also still reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, concerns, or to schedule a specific meeting time.
Programs and Events Moving Forward
The Student Organization Virtual Resource page is also the place to check in on new virtual programs, self-directed opportunities, or to access the Link, SOFO and the event planning process. Student Engagement’s goal is to ensure that you are able to create community across the world. That could be creating a new event, virtualizing an existing one, taking time for yourself with a new learning opportunity, or taking a step back while reflecting and re-calibrating.
Please continue to check coronavirus.wfu.edu for the latest updates. If you have questions, comments or needs do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you and Go Deacs!
- April 7, 2020
- March 27, 2020
- March 24, 2020