Introducing Fireside on Manchester
Who has fire pits, Adirondack chairs and plenty of open air space to distance responsibly? You do. Welcome to Fireside on Manchester, your cozy, multipurpose environment designed to make social distancing a little more manageable.
This new outdoor gathering space will allow for informal space to socialize and reservable spaces for student organizations to host open events.
Guidelines & Safety Protocols
- For your safety, the area is monitored by camera 24/7
- Open to on-campus, off-campus, and graduate students, faculty and staff
- Face coverings must be worn in accordance with University policy
- Social distancing (6ft+) must be maintained. Chairs will be spaced out accordingly
- Firepits will be turned on and off by approved, trained staff only
- No smoking permitted
- Furniture must not be moved (chairs can be rotated/pivoted)
- Section B is casual gathering space
- Section C and stage area will be reservable through Deacon Space (also available for casual gathering when not reserved)
- Procedures may change in accordance with University Operating Level status
- Download and review the Full Safety Protocols
Get the Corq App
Stay connected to what’s happening. Download the Corq app for Fireside on Manchester event information and touchless check-in (for events with a required RSVP). Available at the Apple Store and Google Play.
Once you download the app and select Wake Forest as your campus, sign in with your WFU gmail account to view and register for student-only events.
Interested in Hosting an Event?
Section C and the Stage of Fireside features spaces available through Deacon Space for group or open events. The Office of Student Engagement is ready to help student orgs plan and execute their Fireside events with the Event Planning Guide, virtual office hours for event planning, and ready-made health and safety guides.
Faculty and staff interested in hosting an event will need to complete the Event Approval Submission Form, but are also welcome to use the ready-made health and safety guides to ease the planning of their Fireside event.
Funding support: the Student Activity Fee (SAF) committee continues to make access to SAF $500 “Mini-Grants” available within 24-48 hours notice. Groups need only fill out the SAF Application Form, and requests under $500 will be expedited. Please note that groups are still subject to event planning and safety plan use.
As part of your planning, be sure to also review the Fireside on Manchester Safety Protocals.